Volunteer Opportunities in Tuscarawas County
Looking for places to volunteer but not quite sure where to start your search?
It’s important to give back to your community. Not only does it feel good, but the effects of volunteering are lasting. In smaller communities like ours, many organizations rely solely on volunteers to lend a helping hand. Volunteers are the backbone to events, programs, and even to the organizations themselves. Sometimes volunteering can be a “who you know” environment because information on volunteer opportunities can be hard to find online. My hope for this post is to give you a centralized volunteer list to explore.
Please feel free to reach out to add more organizations to the list!
• STEAM Centers
• Latino Cultural Connections
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Dover Historical Society/Reeves Museum
• Greater Dover New Philadelphia Food Pantry
o (330) 852-4132
• Tuscarawas County Humane Society
• Friends of the Homeless of Tuscarawas County
• Community Hospice
• Dennison Depot Railroad Museum
• United Way of Tuscarawas County
• Starlight Enterprises
• Salvation Army
• Tuscarawas County YMCA
Check out the Volunteer Connect Fair at Jim’s Place on Thursday, October 11th from 4-6 pm.
Check out their Facebook page for more information!